Join the PURIS team to lead the plant-based movement and ensure production of high quality, USA made plant proteins!
The Process Engineer will provide Leadership and utilize in-depth technical and process knowledge of PURIS pea protein, starch, and fiber manufacturing processes to optimize process capability, implement and monitor critical process control variables on New and Current Capital Investments.
The Process Engineer will drive progress within PURIS all new processing capabilities to increase capacity, improve the product quality, reduce costs, bring new products to market, and ensure food and people safety.
A Process Engineer will provide engineering expertise as of a member of a Team of Operations staff in People Safety, Manufacturing, Quality and Food Safety, Maintenance Reliability and Human Resources to deliver a New Manufacturing Plant capable of providing the Markets demand of Pea Protein.
PURIS offers competitive wages, our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
A Process Engineer must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Safety Leadership in all Process Engineering Activities. Lead or Participate on Teams that reduce Hazards in our Operating Plants and improve Safety Behaviors of our teams.
- Key member of the Capital Project Team to ensure Process Design aligns with Critical Control Variables and Control Strategy
- Development of Commission Plans, Operating Procedures and provide Training Sessions for Operating Teams on all new processes
- Provide the Technical Proficiency to collaborate with Overall Puris Team, and Customers to provide Protein and Ingredients Solutions to meet Market demands.
- Lead a Team to implement a Culture of Lean Principles and Continuous Improvement
- Weekly communication to stake holders on progress to schedule and budget
- Responsibility for the Development and Maintenance of the Entire Protein Process Mass and Energy balances of the Wet Process for all new process projects until turned over to Operations Team Control.
- Lead or Participate on Teams to meet Troubleshooting challenges faced at the processing facility
- Daily interaction with process operators and maintenance technicians to troubleshoot and problem solve for Continuous Improvement.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical or Bio products and Bio systems Engineering required
- Knowledge of Separations Technology, Heat Transfer and Mechanical/Chemistry
- Excellent Communication Skills are required; Ability to present ideas and results to groups of Team members is required
- Internship Experience in the Food or Chemical Industry a plus
- Experience in a Behavior Based or PSM Safety environment are a plus
- Experience in Lean Concepts, Six Sigma or Other Continuous Improvement Tools are a plus
Skills and Capabilities:
- Leadership and Organizational/Planning abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cooperative attitude
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong sense of integrity and goal setting
- Demonstrates ability to lead and integrate food safety into manufacturing activities.
- Familiarity with commercial food processing equipment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Travel Requirement: ~10% to plants within mid-west states
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.