Summary of Position
This position provides mechanical rental equipment support and coordination to help execute chemical cleaning shut down projects at refineries. Primary Responsibilities include: Project & Inventory Planning, Project Management, On-Site Project Execution Support for mobilization and demobilization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client and site contract personnel who control mechanical installation of RTI’s Mechanical Rental Equipment.
- Provide dedicated, on site Mechanical Coordination to consult and support mobilization, set up, and demobilization during chemical cleaning shutdowns.
- Assess, plan and coordinate mechanical rental equipment needs through site walk downs. Includes developing detailed parts list and detailed drawings for drain header layout.
- Coordinate with the warehouse and supply chain to ensure on time site delivery and pick up of mechanical rental equipment. This includes but is not limited to managing, shipping and receiving of all mechanical rental items.
- Ensure cleanliness and accuracy of returns.
- Provide on-site support for installation and tear down of Mechanical Rental Equipment. This may include training contractor personnel (fitters) on installation of RTI’s mechanical rental equipment.
- Support the reconciliation of inventory to ensure 100% billing accuracy.
- Proactive communication keeping clients up to date on key schedules, timelines and project deliverables.
- Problem solve equipment failures and determine corrective actions to ensure client milestones are achieved.
- Train and educate personnel to ensure proper handling and usage of equipment.
- Provide training for and ensure proper operation and preventative maintenance of effluent pump skids.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of a schedule of Operations Technician assignments to support mechanical rental business based on the needs established by the RTI Mechanical team.
- Coordinate Operations Technician travel plans to support Mechanical Rental business with the travel department.
- Provide field support for Mechanical Services clients including consultation prior to executions, support during execution, and follow-up post execution for assigned projects.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect)
Supervise the activities surrounding RTI equipment repair, maintenance and readiness.
Please be aware that RTI requires Covid-19 vaccinations for all new hires.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use hand tools to create and maintain operating equipment
- Ability to organize and maintain repair shops to provide for timely and effective repairs of RTI equipment
- Supervisory and material coordinating experience considered a plus
- Ability to build relationships and influence others
- Customer focused and customer service minded
- Project management & project coordination
- Material handling, inventory shipping and receiving
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Documented mechanical aptitude or formal mechanical education. A preference is given to those with process knowledge of refinery or petrochemical units. Degreed Mechanical Engineers a plus.
- Experience leading and influencing teams
- A preference is given to those with upgrader or refinery craft supervisory experience
Required Certificates and/or Licenses
Valid passport and driver’s license.
Performs his duties in a combination of office, regional shop and refinery environments.
Physical ability to lift, climb ladders and spend 12-16 hours on shift.
This position requires the use of company supplied PPE in connection with various refinery and safety council standards.
Ability to travel 72 overnights per year to multiple North American markets for supporting a growing list of clients. Out of town assignments can range from 3-15 days in length.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.