BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave is seeking an experienced, reliable Project Finance Associate with strong financial modelling capabilities to join its solar and storage development business. This position reports directly to BlueWave’s Managing Director of Project Finance, and is responsible for building, operating, and interpreting financial models in ISO NE, PJM, and NY ISO to support BlueWave’s goals. The role also requires engagement with providers of capital including construction debt, term debt, and tax equity. Ideal candidate will live in the Greater Boston area, able to work at home and in the office.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Build, own, and operate project level financial models across BlueWave’s solar + storage portfolio
- Support project acquisition processes and assume lead responsibility for financial modelling of such opportunities
- Produce analyses from those financial models to optimize returns, support decision making in the project development team, and support project financing activities
- Support developers and the executive team in assessing offtake, financing and structuring opportunities
- Provide continuity of support through construction and into operations and transferring financial models to the asset management team
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in the field of Finance, Economics or Engineering
- 2-3 years of renewable energy project finance experience, investment banking experience, or equivalent experience in infrastructure finance
- Demonstrated deep financial modelling skillset
- Advanced excel
- Demonstrated capability to understand and analyse complex financial problems and find innovative solutions
- Highly numerate, with strong writing and communication skills, particularly in communicating financial concepts and analysis
- Methodical and detail minded
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with various teams across the business
- Experience and familiarity with renewable energy financing structures including tax equity
- Acquisitions/ Investment experience in the renewable energy industry
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.