Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for optimizing the transportation and suppliers network for our organization. The main objective is to ensure that all incoming and outgoing deliveries are made safely on time. Transportation Coordinators must comply with all company policies, Department of Transportation regulations, Environmental Health, Safety, and Security policies, and other Regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over motor carriers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Transportation Coordinator participates in a training program which includes, but is not limited to, formal and informal; lectures, seminar, demonstrations, applications, evaluations, and examinations to acquire the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform transportation coordinator duties.
- Studies, retains, and successfully demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired through training
- The Transportation Coordinator receives, answers, and initiates requests for information from drivers, other employees, customers, police/fire units, and the general public
- Work with terminals to assigns resources to meet customer requirements under company and regulatory agency mandates
- The Transportation Coordinator enters complete and accurate data about the customer’s orders into the computer system
- Generates Travel Orders and relays that information to the drivers via printed Travel Orders, verbally and via satellite
- The Transportation Coordinator communicates with Logistics Operations, customers, employees and other terminal locations to ensure customer’s requirements are met while getting the most efficient use of available resources
- Understands safety, maintenance, cleaning, performance and qualify issues
- The Transportation Coordinator takes immediate action as required/directed to correct any customer requirement issues
- Checks drivers’ hours of service and maintenance condition reports of selected equipment
- The Transportation Coordinator tracks and manages drivers, assign drivers’ routes, destinations, and timelines as well as keep in touch with drivers who are on the road
- Notifies drivers of pick-up and delivery assignments
- Dispatches drivers for shipment pick-ups and deliveries
- Expected to learn and abide by DOT regulations, safety policies, and other Regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over motor carriers
- The Transportation Coordinator reports to the Terminal Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year of transportation experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a distributed workforce
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and get involved in all aspects of the business function
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and scanners.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.