Job Title: Associate, People Operations
Level: Entry Level
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Trenton, NJ
Reports to: Senior Manager, People Operations
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in waste management. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of hard-to-recycle waste streams. By working with manufacturers, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and recycle just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, that would otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators.
TerraCycle’s global reuse platform Loop partners with brands and retailers to move from a disposable to durable supply chain and enables consumers to purchase a wide range of everyday products in reusable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies such as P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola and Mondelez, and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan and the UK.
TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards and recognition and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com, New York Times, Forbes, Time and thousands of others.
Are you looking to support people who are passionate about the work they do?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your skills in Human Resources?
Are you ready to manage projects and improve processes?
Our team is looking for you!
- Support HR in company communications – newsletters, announcements, etc.
- Manage Employee Engagement events and feedback
- Recruit for and run TerraCycles’ robust internship program
- Prepare and post recruitment ads, screening candidates and working with hiring managers
- Assist in orientation and onboarding of new employees
- Improve connectivity and cohesiveness across all international offices
- Run surveys to gauge and improve employee work life
- Help develop world-class HR at one of the fastest growing green companies in the world!
- 4-year college degree, preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Utmost sensitivity to confidential information
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience with HRIS platforms preferred (we utilize Paylocity)
- Experience with Canva or other publishing software preferred
- Salaried position with annual incentive
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
TerraCycle requires all employees to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, or have a valid religious or medical reason for being exempt.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
Note: International candidates must be eligible to work in their country of employment. At this time TerraCycle does not provide for visa sponsorships.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.