Join Chalet in creating handcrafted planter arrangements curated with indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, other plant material, and mixed mediums. Chalet Signature brings a combination of unparalleled horticultural expertise and artistry to homes on Chicago’s Northshore - both indoors and outdoors. Arrangements can be made to order, selected in store, or installed on customers’ properties.
Responsibilities of a Container Designer:
- Design and assemble indoor and outdoor planter arrangements. Arrangements can be custom (per very specific and individual customer requests), select (per Chalet Signature recipes/kits), or cash and carry.
- Utilize the full plant pallet in your designs from our expansive inventory of indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, seasonal and other plant material.
- Listen to individual client needs and recommend design solutions.
- Collaborate with other designers to create trend-setting, profitable containers that exceed client expectations and meet all brand standards.
- Take ownership of the client relationship throughout the sales process.
We are looking for a creative, inspired, receptive, trend-setting, client-focused, team player with the following qualifications:
- Photos to demonstrate your artistic side - where you have integrated color, texture and space to create something - ideally flowers or plants - but that skill is transferrable.
- Previous experience creating custom potted planters preferred. Alternatively, related experience from the floral industry, staging, tablescaping, interior design, and/or event planning could provide the necessary experience.
- An outgoing and kind personality, who is a good listener, and able to professionally give and receive design critiques per our design standards.
- Ability to stand on your feet, lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds, and adaptable to indoor and outdoor environments.
Our interview process will include creating an arrangement pursuant to a specific design aesthetic.
This is a part-time, seasonal position. The schedule will vary with the time of the season, at least 2 shifts per week and up to 4 or 5 at the peak. 1 shift per week will be on a weekend day. Benefits include sick time, 401K with match, and our employee discount.