We have great projects and amazing clients; now we need you!
WithersRavenel has an exciting, ground level opportunity to create and lead a team that will work with key clients on dynamic commercial projects.
Bring your expertise and join us to help create neighborhood markets, office complexes, mixed-use and multifamily sites and more in North Carolina.
This position can be based out of any of our offices.
WithersRavenel provides an exceptional employee experience, focusing on you as a whole person.
- A Flexible/Hybrid work environment
- An Award winning Wellness Program (financial, mental/emotional support, nutrition guidance, fun challenges, micro trainings)
- Internal & External Development Opportunities (Formal Mentoring program, Internal and External custom training sessions, Strengths Assessment and Personalized development plans)
- A Competitive Benefits Package, including Employee Assistance Program, Legal Services, and much more
The Director of Civil Engineering, Mixed-Use Development has the primary responsibility for providing inspired technical and managerial leadership and expertise to both internal teams and clients. This position will provide leadership and operational management of the Mixed-Use Development Team and the sector, to include initiating and implementing operational policies and procedures, developing innovative technical and production practices, personnel and budget management, plus collaboration with other teams and departments. The Director is responsible for the overall performance and growth of the internal Team. promoting, implementing, and executing business/client development processes is required. Responsibilities include coordination, communication, and enforcement of WithersRavenel (Company) and department processes, procedures, and standards. This Director will demonstrate and promote both the Company culture and core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 12+ years of engineering or related experience; 7+ years of project management; 5+ years of managing teams
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, communicative, and strategic thinker with strong leadership and management skills
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
- Proven track record of developing existing and new client relationships
- Technical certifications and/or professional licensure relevant to Sector(s)
- Working understanding of financial metrics and associated monitoring
- Demonstrated success with project financial metrics
- Thought leader in the Industry/Sector
- Thought leader in building teams and collaboration
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.