Humm – The Drink Better Company is disrupting the healthy beverage space. Our mission is to help you feel good. Humm is one of the nation’s fastest growing healthy beverage companies and an awesome place to work.
We are hiring a full time, benefit eligible Maintenance Technician who will work with an upbeat and efficient team in ensuring all maintenance tasks are completed in a safe, efficient, and accurate manner with minimal downtime. This role will support our 2nd Shift, 4x10's, 4 pm - 2:30 am.
This role will manage and maintain the packaging, fermentation, the facility, and other equipment to ensure all maintenance tasks are completed in a safe, efficient, and accurate manner with minimal production downtime. Support and perform day to day tasks for all new projects and equipment improvements in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Assist with PM, reliability, and spare part management of the companies packaging equipment and any equipment associated with the pack line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily packaging maintenance activities including minimizing setup/teardown/changeover downtime
- Work with the packaging, fermentation and plant supervision on continuous improvement projects for the packaging, fermentation and operations departments
- Perform packaging preventative maintenance program tasks including spare parts management
- Promotes food safety and quality awareness throughout the organization
- Assist with inventory management of all new/replacement packaging equipment and parts
- Organize and execute installation of packaging and fermentation equipment.
- Assist/coordinate the maintenance work order system.
- Coordinate the maintenance inspections of packaging equipment on a periodic basis.
- Follow and enforce all Humm and customer operating procedures.
- Follow Humm policies, safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety Management System including logout/tagout SOP and confined space SOP’s.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with all staff.
- Assist in all other duties assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Champion the company culture and values
- Embrace, practice and support Humm policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain constructive working relationships with employees and other department heads
- Being part of the Win
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in general maintenance required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- A journeyman industrial mechanic/millwright card or A minimum two (2) year technical degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of packaging equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting and preventative maintenance skills in a manufacturing setting required.
- Ability to provide instruction to other personnel regarding maintenance protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic skills with hand tools and other shop tools
- Operate and drive company forklifts and vehicles
- Function in a loud and busy production environment
- Full time
- Shift coverage that could be day, night or swing
- Occasional heavy lifting
- 8 – 10 hours on your feet in a manufacturing environment
- Noisy and active Production floor
- This position is part of our maintenance on call schedule.