This position is located in Johnston, Iowa and will be 20 hours or less per week. The hours of the position are 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday and work the Saturday rotation from 8:00 a.m. – noon.
INTERACTIVE TELLER MACHINE (ITM) ASSOCIATE POSITION SUMMARY
The Interactive Teller Machine (ITM) Associate is responsible for providing exemplary service to our customers via interactive teller machines which allow for the completion of financial transactions in an efficient and convenient manner.
INTERACTIVE TELLER MACHINE (ITM) ASSOCIATE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide exceptional customer service through quality conversations and assist customers with routine banking transactions through the virtual Interactive Teller Machine (ITM).
- Research and resolve customer questions, inquiries, requests, and problems in an empathetic manner.
- Provide accurate information to customers based on product and service knowledge and understanding of the banking industry.
- Effectively analyze every situation and determine an appropriate solution and response.
- Escalate customer concerns to the appropriate department(s).
- Advocate the benefits of products and services to promote customer enthusiasm and engagement.
INTERACTIVE TELLER MACHINE (ITM) ASSOCIATE ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service or banking experience encouraged
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Understands computer and other equipment capabilities and limitations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – will follow through on what he/she says they will do; holds others accountable in the workplace.
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as necessary.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; accepts responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth.
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
- Frequently drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
Reports To: ITM Manager
Primary Assignment: Handle on-demand customer transactions and financial counseling
Position Status: Non-Exempt