Summary: The Staff Accountant will work with a team that operates in a fast-paced environment. The purpose of this position is to support the Accounting Manager on financial and general accounting matters.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Analyze and prepare monthly journal entries
- Review and reconcile employee expense reports to corporate business card activity
- Reconcile bank statements
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare commissions reports for monthly distribution.
- Assist with month end close
- Record and analyze accruals
- Ad hoc operational reports and requests
- Support departmental coverage for vacations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Work with external auditors once a year: providing information and answering questions
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, analytical and has strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ie. Pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Minimum of five - seven years or more of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General office environment
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs