Northwest Classical Academy seeks a full-time Community Engagement Manager. The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will be responsible for campus communications, the annual fund, and engaging the Parent Teacher Community Association. The Community Engagement Manager will report to the Executive Director and receive support from the Advancement and Communications staff of the school’s charter management organization. The CEM has the privilege of working with amazing volunteers and colleagues to prepare students to become knowledgeable, virtuous citizens by raising funds and telling the story of how classical education is making a difference in the lives of our talented and dedicated students. This is a pivotal role that is perfect for an organized, creative, relationship-driven person who enjoys working independently and with a team.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
Marketing and Communications
- Produce campus-based communications regarding special events and campus news (Mailchimp)
- Manage NCA social media channels (Facebook and Instagram)
- Work with charter management organization to ensure that website is up to date and accurate (Wordpress, Squarespace)
- Work with other departments to address marketing needs
Volunteer Support and Community Building
- Serve as the liaison to the Parent Teacher Community Association
- Serve as the staff point of contact for PTCA events and initiatives such as Parent Social, Directory, Grandparents Day, etc.
- Foster relationships with employees, students, and families
- Attend school events (may be outside of school hours)
- Work with management organization to create annual fund campaign strategy and materials and identify major gift prospects
- Work with PTCA to implement the annual Business Partners program including marketing, soliciting and ensuring the provision of benefits.
- Implement annual fund including personal asks, special event planning, constituent mailings, and ensuring the provision of any donor benefits promised
- Serve as the on-campus campaign manager for capital and other specialty campaigns
- Implement programs that promote alumni involvement
- Complete administrative tasks including but not limited to database management, gift entry, acknowledgements, end of the year tax documents
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five to seven years of fundraising experience required
- Experience working in databases (Salsa preferred)
- Detail oriented, outgoing, relational, self-motivated, creative, strategic
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a new, public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-8 for the 2022-2023 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school. Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site.