At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Procurement & Vendor Manager is responsible for managing vendor relationships and sourcing equipment, goods, and services. The position manages contracts, monitors quality, creates budgets, performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals, and locates more profitable suppliers.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
- Generate and distribute accurate purchase orders and purchase requisitions.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Monitor vendor quality and address vendor disputes.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Monitor and forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer supplier power.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Assess, manager, and mitigate risks.
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve purchasing processes.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Draft, review contracts, and modify terms and conditions; express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written from.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Experience and understanding of Salesforce.com and other technology related to sales productivity.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Advance experience with MS Excel and strong quantitative ability to use data for decision making.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and dynamic change management skills.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 years is preferred in the areas of sourcing and vendor management.
- Years of experience supervising: 1 to 3 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer