Join our Team and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET.
As a Lab Technician you will efficiently and safely perform testing on the products in accordance with established procedures. Lab Technicians follow all Quality Assurance programs in the laboratory and assists the shift Team Lead with QA programs facility wide. Facilitates corrective actions when necessary and communicates quality concerns in a timely fashion. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Lab Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
PURIS offers competitive wages and immediate eligibility into the bonus potential program. Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Lab Technicians must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows all plant safety policies and procedures
- Complete all documentation as required
- Ensure product quality by adhering to all food safety programs and good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Ensure high hygiene zones are maintained to proper standards at all time
- Perform required tests or inspection designated for ingredients and finished products
- Highlight out of specification results on analytical sheets
- Perform analytical and sensory testing in accordance with established work instructions and procedures
- Perform all duties with a high level of accuracy in order to maintain the integrity of quality results
- File lab and production documentation
- Ensure form files have adequate copies available for use
- Perform daily weight checks
- Environmental monitoring program(EMP) samples and record keeping
- Responsible for preparation of outside lab sample shipments for finished product testing
- Communicate out of specification results to Team Lead and Technicians
- Prioritize testing according to changing plant conditions
- Assists sanitation department with sanitation checks (ATP & Allergen) for CIP, COP & general equipment cleaning after shutdowns and prior to reassembly
- Perform pre-op inspections and documentation
- Maintain lab equipment and documentation
- Participates in correlation testing program
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Management Team
Education and Experience:
- GED or high school degree
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Lab role
Skills and Capabilities:
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Time Management - Managing one's own time
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Demonstrate competencies: Dependability, Attention to Detail, Analytical Thinking, Cooperation, Team Work, Adaptability, Independence
- Must be able to stand for 9+ hours of your shift
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. on occasion
- Must be able to work comfortably and safely at heightened platforms
- Must be able to run cleaning equipment and be comfortable working with cleaning supplies
- Must be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes(hot to cold, noise, dust)
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator (filtering face piece dust mask)
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.