The Heising-Simons Foundation is a family foundation based in Los Altos, California. The Foundation works with its many partners to advance sustainable solutions in climate and clean energy, enable groundbreaking research in science, enhance the education of our youngest learners, and support human rights for all people. In 2018, the Foundation awarded more than $100 million. Since its first grant in 2007, the Foundation has awarded more than $400 million.
The Office Services Coordinator assists our staff and visitors by providing general office support and managing front desk responsibilities. This full-time, exempt position is based in our Los Altos office. The position reports to the the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO.
The Office Services Coordinator coordinates a wide range of office activities and provides administrative support to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Services Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining office protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and other tasks as needed.
The Office Services Coordinator is a positive-thinking professional, who thrives and is effective in roles that require wearing multiple hats. The person in this position has experience performing a broad range of administrative tasks, can work independently with little or no supervision, is well-organized and flexible, and enjoys the challenges of supporting an organization with a diverse staff.
- Be responsive to employees’ and guests’ requests and concerns and anticipate their needs
- Maintain office safety and security procedures
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and property managers and serve as the point person for office, kitchen, and equipment maintenance
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including snacks and beverages
- Coordinate outgoing mail and delivery services and route incoming mail and deliveries
- Maintain the appearance of the common areas of the office
- Organize conference room scheduling and reservations and coordinate the logistical details and catering requirements for meetings and weekly staff lunches; place catering orders and set-up/clean-up before and after catered meals
- Serve as the point person for internal meetings, including the operation of conference room equipment, such as connecting laptops, downloading presentations, and enabling video conferencing
- Perform pre-employment onboarding tasks and provide training and orientation for new employees.
- Schedule meetings and provide general administrative and project support to the staff, as needed
- Coordinate with the IT team, and provide the staff with basic IT support, directing staff to the off-site/outsourced IT team, when necessary
- Recommend and implement office procedures, in conjunction with the COO
- Ensure the well-being and happiness of the staff, anticipate needs, and actively strive to ensure that everyone is cared for, taking into consideration dietary restrictions, cultural and religious customs, and personal convictions
- Schedule initial and/or follow-up ergonomic evaluations for new and existing staff
- Act as a relief receptionist, by greeting and directing visitors in a welcoming manner, directing incoming telephone calls, and providing guests and callers with general information, as requested; schedule relief reception coverage, as necessary
- Participate in the planning and execution of Foundation events
- Be a cheerful, welcoming, and considerate employee that that earns the trust and respect of the staff
- The Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
- The Heising-Simons Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants and make employment decisions based on merit. Foundation policy prohibits the unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital or caregiver status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, prior record of arrest or conviction, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise, in writing, any special needs at the time of application.