RN Palliative Care Team Manager (Virtual)
ResolutionCare | a Vynca company, is a well established highly respected palliative provider, with a staff passionate about transforming end-of-life care. The RN Care Team Manager supports and oversees a collaborative interdisciplinary team managing and coordinating patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and supports Care Team members (7 - 12 would be typical).
- Ensures proper patient care coverage.
- Manages clinical quality initiatives.
- Supports KPIs assigned to the Care Team.
- Manages with forward vision.
- Manages change.
- Manages the IDTs of the RNs assigned to the Care Team.
- Collaborates and supports the VP of Clinical care, DON and DSS with implementation of change and improvements.
- Works collaboratively with other RN Care Team Managers to maintain quality, consistency and improvements across all Teams.
- Manages patients assigned to their Care Team, assessing and collaborating to meet needs.
- Communicates with patients via video conferencing and phone.
- Provides patient care within scope of RN practice and per provider orders
- Completes initial care plan and ensures ongoing reassessment.
- Implements medication orders and ensures medication list is current
- Proactively ensures medication supply and refills.
- Collaborates with pharmacies and outside resources.
- Provides patient and caregiver medication teaching.
- Coordinates requisition of durable medical equipment and supplies.
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed
- Provides support, oversight, and mentorship to patient care coordinators and medical assistants
- Maintains communication with the Interdisciplinary team and others involved in patient care
- Facilitates advanced care planning in collaboration with the Care Team
- Facilitates referrals to outside agencies, including hospice when timely
- Provides education on ResolutionCare services, palliative care, disease processes and symptom management, as well as caregiver training and medication teaching/tracking
- Works at all times within the policies and guidelines of the company.
- Uses video conferencing and works remotely.
- Ensures effective use of resources.
- Plays an active part in the development and maintenance of good relationships with all who have business with the Company.
- Respects information confidentiality and is HIPAA compliant.
- Promotes at all times ResolutionCare’s philosophy of compassionate communication towards all patients, their families and coworkers.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Works with co-workers remotely.
- Works with Palliative Care patients remotely wherever they reside or are receiving care, including homes, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals and residential care for the elderly facilities.
- Successfully performs the essential duties and responsibilities of the position through the use of physical activities including:
Regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, talking, use of hands, listening, and observing.
Regularly requires working at a computer for an entire shift (with appropriate breaks).
- Regularly requires use of telephone and laptop.
- Requires use of video-conferencing technology.
- Occasionally requires reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting items weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Occasional travel may be required to perform job duties, attend training, or company events and requires attendees to be fully vaccinated.
- Current Oregon and California Registered Nurse license and the ability to obtain additional state licensures
- Minimum of three years of experience as a professional nurse within the previous five years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office and the internet
- Experience in palliative care, hospice care, oncology or home health
- CHPN certification or equivalent
- Minimum one year people management experience
Position Location, Reporting, and Travel Requirements
- This position is virtual/remote.
- Rarely travel may be required to perform job duties, attend training, professional conferences or company events.
- Evidence of compliance with CDC recommendations for COVID-19 and other vaccinations is preferred and may be required to support the ability to perform job duties.
- Reports to the Director of Nursing or delegate.
- Employed by ResolutionCare.
Hours and Benefits Eligibility
- Candidates able to work 40 hours per week are preferred.
- Individual working full-time (generally considered 32 or more hours per week) are eligible to participate in our benefits program which includes:
- Health Insurance through Anthem Blue Cross (Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement through Vanguard (beginning early 2022) with a match % as well, the details of which are still being finalized for 2022
- Paid vacation and sick time accrual
- Paid holidays
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- Work location is flexible if approved by the company
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Vynca Inc, ResolutionCare, PC, and Vynca Medical Associates, PA are all Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the law.