Northwest Classical Academy seeks a full-time Middle School Humanities Teacher (Grades 6-8). Teachers are expected to demonstrate high moral character and have mastery of the subject(s) they teach. They will work collaboratively to create a working and learning environment for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful. Teachers are salaried, exempt positions with base standard hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to the school’s mission and the principles of classical education.
- Develop the intellect and character of every student.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from fully accredited college required
- Valid teaching certification in Georgia is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in classical education is preferred, but not required
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a public charter school characterized by fidelity to an “American
classical” model of liberal arts education. The mission of NCA is to develop students in mind and character
through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic
responsibility. The school is expanding from K-6 to K-8 for the 2022-2023 academic year and then will add
one grade each year until reaching a K-12 configuration in 2026-2027.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”
Northwest Classical Academy | 3010 Cobb Parkway N.W., Kennesaw, GA 30152| NWClassical.org