Penn Power Systems is seeking a qualified power generation field service technician who is capable of working independently or in teams on power generation equipment in the 300kw to 4.0 Mw range. Requirements include having a blend of mechanical and electrical capabilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities, include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Scheduled maintenance and repairs of back-up power generation equipment
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of controls, switchgear and accessories such as batteries, battery chargers, heaters, motor and pumps. Electrical troubleshooting and problem solving requires strong AC/DC power skills
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical contactors, motors, relays, contact, generator components and controls.
- Good oral, written, and inter-personal skills
- Capable of learning, working independently, exhibiting common sense and good judgment, and fostering a safe working environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in power generation service, industrial mechanical-electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Be computer literate
- Good oral, written and inter-personal skills
- Be capable of learning, working independently, exhibiting common sense and good judgment
- Value safety
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Good Driving record
- Good disciplinary record (no disciplines issued with the prior 12 months)
Must be able to:
- Provide intensity and commitment in daily activities
- Have ability to work towards a personal "Best in Class" standard
- Have ability to execute decisions with speed and conviction
- Keep well organized files and provide accessibility to others inside and outside of the department
- Demonstrate total commitment to outstanding customer service, developing a loyal customer base
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and be flexible in working on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be capable of learning, working independently, exhibiting common sense and good judgment and value safety.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service and expense reports
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automated systems
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
- Build positive relationships with customers
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock.
- This job requires frequent activities such as standing, walking, pushing and pulling up to 100lbs. and lifting up to 50lbs.
- The position also requires occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching/working overhead and climbing. Many tasks require the use of one or both hands such as installing parts, using wrenches, tools and other diagnostic equipment.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please no phone calls.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact HRInfo@pennpowergroup.com (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.