Poseida’s Immuno-Oncology team is seeking an outstanding candidate who has a strong work ethic and wants to be a part of a collaborative, tight-knit, and exciting team. In this role, you will play a critical role in the evaluation and identification of lead CAR technologies and will support preclinical as well as IND-enabling activities for Poseida’s CAR-T cell pipeline. In this role, you will have a direct impact by developing a CAR-T product from beginning preclinical studies through IND-enabling studies which will drive Poseida’s mission to cure patients of cancer.
Poseida is seeking an outstanding and motivated candidate to join our immuno-oncology team. The Senior Scientist will act as the research lead to advance out next IND pipeline program, Dual CAR-T, and pursue exploratory efforts to develop next-generation CAR T cell therapies. The candidate will be experienced in the field of CAR-T and be responsible for driving team efforts in a highly matrixed setting. These activities will require expertise to interrogate cell therapy products in vitro and in vivo, to generate decision making data to support an IND and execute/ oversee IND-enabling studies. The candidate will work collaboratively and effectively with members of other cross-functional groups, particularly analytical development and clinical sciences, to transfer assay/ method knowledge of CAR T products out of Research/IO. The candidate will also play a key role in the company’s cross-functional Assay Development Working Group to represent the Research/ IO function, as a subject matter expert, and effectively communicate data or proposed solutions.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Drive efforts to improve cell engineering and strategic/ inducible gene expression in CAR-T cells to achieve improved function.
- Own the coordination and execution of experiments to advance the allogeneic Dual CAR cell therapy programs at the pre-IND stage, up until the IND filing.
- Apply critical and methodical thinking to interpret results and implement new creative solutions.
- Communicate data effectively in matrixed team meetings and to senior leadership.
- Work effectively in a highly matrixed team environment within IO and across functions.
- Hands-on, laboratory-based role with of the ability to manage direct reports.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline (e.g., Immunology, Molecular Biology or related scientific field) with at least 5 years relevant CAR-T industry experience (an equivalent of experience and education may be considered).
- Hands-on experience in developing and characterizing CAR T cell therapies.
- Demonstrated expertise in cellular immunology, molecular biology, and multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Proficiency in assays interrogating T cell function, such as cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing.
- Expertise in screening of VH, scFv, or other binders a plus.
- Proficiency in NGS data analysis a plus.
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Salary Range: $120,960 to $165,000
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience with the industry, education, geographic location, etc.
Who We Are and What We Do
Based in San Diego, Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing our unique and proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create next-generation cell and gene therapies with the capacity to cure. We are passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives with the development of our CAR-T therapies in various cancers and gene therapies for rare diseases. Our goal is to deliver potential single treatment cures for patients in need. Our portfolio of product candidates is specifically designed to overcome the limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics.
At Poseida we put people first. Our team is passionate about improving patients’ lives through innovation. See what our team has to say about our culture:
“My favorite part about Poseida is all the people that I get to work with. Everyone is so passionate about what we’re doing here and there’s so much camaraderie. It feels like one big enthusiastic family.”
“My favorite part about working at Poseida is the amazing culture and working environment. Everybody is friendly, professional, collaborative, and has a remarkable can-do and positive attitude.”
As we advance our compelling pipeline, there are endless opportunities for impact and growth. We encourage you to apply today!