Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
The Software Engineer 3 - SDET will help deliver high quality product for our Crypto Custody app in a fast-paced FinTech environment. The associate will be responsible for functional and non-functional quality assurance of such applications.
- Writes the tests directly into git repo using developer’s PR against the story from the first application code PR
- Produces quality tests and test code which passes the PR reviews from peer SDETs
- Writes API git tests and Native App git tests to deliver the Sprint stories velocity
- Writes git tests to satisfy story acceptance criteria as well integrate tests with other systems tests to perform end-to-end testing
- Writes test scripts to generate test data using APIs of different systems to generate independent tests
- Executes the git tests for release regression events for planned and ad-hoc releases
- Generates test reports and support release process by recording test evidence
- Maintains tests for every test environment via different code branches and timely merges
- Performs PR reviews for peer SDETs tests from other scrum teams and build the cross-team and cross-platform end-to-end knowledge
- Performs API validations along with respective data flows in the MYSQL database
- Performs validations of application and system logs during the functional tests runs
- Participates in the backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Tests and challenges stories for missing non-functional requirements such as impact to business operations, transaction monitoring, business metrics capturing, secure data logging, security vulnerabilities, performance and other such aspects
- Discharge any other duties assigned by the management and leadership teams
- 0-3 years of quality assurance of external facing high transaction and high-performance mobile native apps and portals built in React with ‘Automate First’ leading practice
- Strong hands-on experience with testing at feature, integration, and end-to-end levels
- Experience writing, augmenting and maintain unit tests within Java frameworks such as Spring and Junit
- Experience in setting up the app development environment, both frontend and backend, on local machine in Docker
- Hands-on experience with building and executing distributed automated tests which run smoothly across different devices and web browsers in Saas lab
- Proven experience working in high-paced environment, being self-driven, and working independently
- Work discipline for remote working is a must - availability on Slack, Outlook, Phone, Zoom, responsiveness, flexibility, respecting core hours, advance time-off notifications, timely communication of ad-hoc time-offs like sick leaves, timely timesheet and time-off entries, uninterrupted internet connection
- Communication: clear communication over zoom, Slack, phone, email, writes grammatically correct sentences in all channels, knows how and when to write business professional communication Generic Requirements
- Experience in testing applications hosted in cloud (Azure preferred)
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience working in Payments, Trading, Credit Cards or Banking industry
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.