Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform. Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
The Sr. Lead Communications will partner closely with the VP of Communications in developing internal and external communication initiatives to support Bakkt’s business goals. This wide-ranging role contributes to the internal communication strategy development and execution for the Company, including talking points, townhall meetings, employee communications, and relevant reporting. This individual will meaningfully contribute to external communications planning and execution including writing company announcements, partnering with the business on client communications, pitching key media, writing blogs, and partnering with members across the marketing team to utilize and promote relevant activities.
- Write, copy-edit, and format internal communications, talking points, blog posts, press releases, and other content.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to keep a finger on the pulse of important stories to tell internally and externally
- Pitch timely stories and develop relationships with key journalists
- Identify key publications and opportunities to showcase top talent in the company
- Work with teams to place spokespeople at priority speaking opportunities
- Develop & measure the impact of strategic communications programs
- Partner with social media lead to extend reach of stories and messaging
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism/media, marketing, or business
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a/the communication-related field, preferably in financial services
- Experienced writing skills, including senior executive talking points, writing press releases, articles, and internal emails; proofing, editing; formatting
- Ability to extract salient information from multiple sources and synthesize narratives
- Executive presence and the ability to work easily with and counsel senior leaders and executive spokespeople.
- Creative, positive, and high-energy individual with an ability to execute
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.