Job Title: Manager, Business Development
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Trenton, NJ
Reports to: Director, Business Development B2B
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in waste management. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of hard-to-recycle waste streams. By working with manufacturers, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and recycle just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, that would otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators.
TerraCycle’s global reuse platform Loop partners with brands and retailers to move from a disposable to durable supply chain and enables consumers to purchase a wide range of everyday products in reusable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies such as P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola and Mondelez, and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan and the UK.
TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards and recognition and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com, New York Times, Forbes, Time and thousands of others.
TerraCycle is looking to hire a Business Development Manager with sales experience and proven ability to develop new business. The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for identifying and building a pipeline of new business partners. The primary offering will be a turnkey recycling platform. As a manager, you will have the unique opportunity to help clients across various industries operate more sustainably by providing them with solutions to collect and recycle various waste streams.
- Secure new business development partnerships
- Identify and manage pipeline of new business for TerraCycle
- Work with senior team members, including the Director, Business Development to assist in all related business development activities
- Develop client specific presentations and pitches
- Manage company and client expectations
- Develop and leverage strategic partnerships with key customers
- Work with new partners on pricing & finalization of contracts
- Identify new industries or customer segments of opportunity to drive program expansion and revenue growth
- 1-2 years pertinent sales or business development work experience
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and translate results into continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment with multiple projects
- Ability to work autonomously with attention to detail and organization.
- Highly proficient in Google Suite, PowerPoint & Excel and experience using CRM systems
- A creative mind with problem solving skills
- Salaried position with annual incentive
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
TerraCycle requires all employees to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, or have a valid religious or medical reason for being exempt.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
Note: International candidates must be eligible to work in their country of employment. At this time TerraCycle does not provide for visa sponsorships.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.