The Director of Total Rewards & HR Operations will be responsible for defining the vision and operationalizing the full, end-to-end total reward strategy spanning executive compensation, broad-based compensation, benefits, wellness, compliance, people analytics, HR operations & systems. You will drive programs from conception to creation to on-going maintenance and continuous improvement. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, this is a key leadership position helping drive and scale the HR processes as we grow as an organization. We're looking for an expert in creating capacity by streamlining and automating work, leveraging digital tools to improve the employee experience, and providing exceptional service delivery and process execution.
- Plan, design, implement and administer a comprehensive total rewards strategy and programs.
- Strategically assesses the effectiveness of current programs in achieving organizational objectives; identify best practices and benchmarks and develop recommendations for modifications to align to People strategy and business goals.
- Maintain knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, trends, developments, and best practices in compensation and benefits ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation programs.
- Develop executive reviews, Board of Directors materials, and insights for the compensation committee and other audiences
- Establish and own job family architectures, leveling and associated rewards structures
- Oversee the participation in salary surveys and monitor salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Establish and identify opportunities for improvement of People and Culture policies and processes across the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding, benefits, performance management, and offboarding.
- Partner with and manage relationships with benefit providers and HR technology vendors
- Develop and coordinate communications strategies and activities designed to educate and inform employees about total rewards.
- Drive the evaluation and implementation of an HRIS and other people technologies, serving as project manager for all initiatives involving HR data, systems and implementation of platforms
- Ensure plans comply with the applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA as well as federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field
- 10+ years prior background in progressive roles focused on all aspects of cash compensation, short-term and long-term incentive programs, as well as benefits administration and HR systems.
- A deep understanding of the current market including staying ahead of industry best practices and future trends of both comp and benefits
- Experience working in the technology and/or Biotech industry.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Experienced in HR Information Systems
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and collaborate effectively
- Ability to roll up your sleeves while simultaneously leading strategic initiatives and thinking big picture
- Detail-oriented, yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally, this individual has a creative and innovative bent, which translates into unique programs to serve our diverse and highly talented employees.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation and benefits.
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.