Job description-Orbital Welder Trainee
Complete on-the-job training. No experience is required.
Since 1975, MDC has been making high-quality vacuum products and systems that enable science to change the world. We are only able to achieve our mission because of our talented and brilliant employees who are committed to delivering the exceptional quality, product excellence, and world-class customer that MDC has been recognized for over the past six decades.
As we celebrate our 45th year anniversary, we want to grow our talented team to help us expand our capabilities to develop the tools and technologies that enable science to change the world. If you share our passion for developing innovative technology solutions that make a positive global impact, we would love to speak with you! MDC offers challenging positions with opportunities to grow and advance your career. We offer stability and competitive wages. Our positive work culture, diversity, inclusion, and teamwork enable the greatest potential of our employees.
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind - 100%
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Come join us and be a part of the team!
Due to our rapid expansion, we are hiring! We are looking for trainable candidates to join our dynamic Hayward, CA team!
We offer competitive benefits and pay (phased increases as training and skill set meet certain criteria)
No Experience is needed to be a part of this team.
- Training program
- Great company culture
What to expect: We are hiring candidates who are mathematically and mechanically inclined (past work in a machine shop, construction, etc) who may or may not have specific welding skills. The candidate will be trained in orbital welding.
*Qualifications: * * Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals
* Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations