The Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester is located alongside the Erie Canal in Brighton and is a 200,000 square foot facility that houses our state-of-the-art fitness, wellness and recreation programming, an aquatics center, a Professional Theatre, the Children’s Center and our Premier Camping Program! We pride ourselves on providing our members with quality fitness, educational, cultural arts and social programming, and we are an inclusive community center that welcomes people of all faiths, backgrounds, and ages.
With a focus on exceeding the customer service expectations of all staff and members, the Spa Attendant assists with the day-to-day operation of the Women's Spa department.
Part time hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 pm to 8:15 pm (10 hours per week) plus occasional weekends as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Greet every member and guest by name in a friendly and courteous manner
- Assist members in the Spa with any needs
- Assign lockers to new members
- Give tours of the Spa to new or prospective members
- Complete hourly check-ups as listed on daily sheet
- Test the whirlpool chemical levels at designated times, record on daily sheet and call maintenance if chemical levels are outside normal range
- Maintain both the coffee bar and vanity area
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the spa, including but not limited to: vanity area, bathrooms, coffee bar, towel areas, lounge, locker room, fitness room and fitness equipment
- Maintain and provide towels; washing, drying, folding and transporting to and from laundry department
- Follow laundry schedule assigned by your supervisor
- Maintain and return member’s laundry bags after washing by returning to respective member’s lockers
- As directed, assist staff and members with emergencies
A minimum of one to two years consistent work history in a customer service ( in person) environment required.
Ability to work independently.
Pay: $14.00/hour plus benefits and a membership to the JCC.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer!