The Foothills Regional Housing (FRH) seeks a passionate, problem solver, who is self-motivated, and driven with a passion for public service to join its Supportive Services Team. The Manager of Community Initiatives will facilitate collaborative working relationships with and between the agency’s partners, clients, residents and staff. Additionally, they will provide and seek-out community resources, support, and housing opportunities within Jefferson County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Point of contact for all agency partners
- Research, resolve and assign resolution of any issues or inquiries received from the agency’s partners
- Outreach, engage, recruit, and retain landlords and community partners.
- Coordinate the placement of program participants into housing.
- Provide education, guidance, and resources to program participants to support their housing search and retention.
- Conduct informational meetings with program participants and community partners.
- Research and provide resources and financial assistance opportunities (i.e. application fees, security deposits, first and last month's rent) to agency clients
- Stay abreast of best practices and emerging trends in homeless services, Fair Housing, affordable housing, and supportive housing.
- Assist in the development of new housing opportunities and partnerships to benefit program participants
- Conduct housing consultations with program participants and partners.
- Deliver training to staff and program participants in the subject areas of landlord retention, landlord/tenant rights, and responsibilities.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Be an active advocate for both program participants and landlords.
- Attend all required meetings, both within FRH and in the community.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office software, and advanced proficiency in Excel and online research.
· Valid Colorado driver’s license and transportation required.
· Ability to work independently, make decisions quickly under deadline pressures, and tolerate risk.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work with a wide range of entities and people
Education and/or Experience:
1 year of housing or human services-related experience is preferred. YARDI experience is a plus.
Must have liability insurance and a valid driver’s license. Must be able to lift 30 pounds and climb multiple flights of stairs. Background check required. Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
FRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.