Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a night shift Safety Advisor in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The key function is to put safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change and travel. The Associate in this role will work in various industrial environments such as Manufacturing, Construction, Utility & Health, and Pharma.
- Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
- Facilitates corrective measures where warranted
- Represents the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
- Verifies compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law, the Owner or contractor
- Attends pre-construction planning and safety meetings
- Provides incident management and support
- Documentation and Report preparation
- Conducts Contractor program review
- Must be able to work 6/10's
- 5+ years’ Construction Safety experience
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
- Minimum of three years of direct safety management experience
- A degree in safety or related fields preferred
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- First-aid/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
Physical Demands of the job may include:
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period
- Working in extreme weather
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.