Core Behavioral Values: Community, Engagement, Quality, Responsibility, Integrity.
These values are based upon our culture and our commitment to the community and are critical to support the mission of the organization.
The Branch Manager is ultimately responsible for the successful operation, leadership and daily oversight of their given branch. This role drives development of new business for the branch and new loan origination, and ensures the Bank remains competitive through monitoring market trends, competitors’ products and pricing, and actively participating in community events and organizations. Ensures professional, courteous, and efficient service is provided to our customers at all times.
In addition to daily oversight of operational functions, this role is accountable for providing effective coaching, guidance and training for Branch employees.
- Manage daily operations of the Branch and provide leadership to staff to ensure customers are provided accurate, professional, courteous, and efficient service
- Oversee branch cash ordering and branch cash records, sign official Bank checks; maintain branch records of signatory authorities, key and combination access, etc
- Analyze branch activity and make recommendations for improvements in branch performance for sales, customer service and other efficiencies
- Prepare and report to leadership on all aspects of Branch operational performance
- Ensure that all security and audit procedures are followed to minimize potential risk to the bank and employees
- Provide effective leadership through coaching, performance management, and setting the example for excellent customer service and in creating a positive work environment through empowerment
- Conduct business development calls with local individuals and businesses to sell new deposit accounts according to sales program guidelines; establish new accounts as a result of business development efforts
- Participate in community events and organizations to establish and further develop sustainable business relationships and public relations
- Work with CSR’s to process customer transactions accurately and efficiently to include deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, issuing bank checks and money orders, loan payments, IRAs, check cashing, and Consumer lending as well as assist in addressing escalated customer issues
- Work within banking systems to ensure necessary reporting and record keeping is in line with Federal, State, and Bank requirements
- Build relationships with customers to grow sale of Bank services to new and existing customers as well as provide coaching and assistance for the team to meet Branch goals
- Maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations and adheres to all bank policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership with monthly team meeting agendas and activities
- Open and close branch in accordance established policies as needed
- Responsible for the monthly scheduling of branch staff to accommodate needs of branch customer volumes.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all FSB Products and Services
- Recognizes and refers business leads to the appropriate business partners
- Ensure the branch and personal work space is organized, clear from clutter and supplied appropriately
- Must be willing to travel and report to any of our local branches if necessary, whether temporary or permanent
- Saturday coverage is required
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years in retail banking management, including staff management, sales and business development
- Excellent customer service, communication, management, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs
- At least 2 years of experience as an Assistant Manager of a Bank
- Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards with moderate level of noise
- Physical effort required; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Constantly moving between pod, drive-up window, and office to service customers
- Ability to lift cash boxes and currency/coin bags of approximately 30 pounds
- Represent the Bank through active participation in community organizations and events.
- Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and educational programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting the Bank operations and job performance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. First Seacoast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, pregnancy, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law. Disabled applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department via email email@example.com.