Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor in Plainfield, Indiana.
The key function is to put safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change and travel. The Associate in this role will work in various industrial environments such as Manufacturing, Construction, Utility & Health, and Pharma.
- Deliver a contractor safety orientation, ensuring a consistent message
- Maintain a log of contractors who have attended safety orientation
- Verify compliance with the substance abuse program
- Review and update orientation as required
- Review and provide feedback to contract firms regarding their project-specific safety plans before the contract firms begin work on the project
- Review contractor compliance to written project safety plan when completing project safety observations.
- Daily job brief/JSA
- Competent Person training record verification
- Safe Work Permits
- Review contractor safety program
- Review OSHA logs
- Review EMR data, if needed
- Assist contractors in identifying countermeasures to comply with safety policies
- Conduct independent incident review and prepare all required documentation
- Schedule and facilitate incident review meetings
- Publish incident meeting report
- Develop and publish safety learning points document
- Participate and support project meetings that require safety information and reporting
- Serve as liaison to coordinate plant safety and project safety interaction
- Provide project safety metrics to Harmon
- Provide leadership for pre-construction safety planning meetings (pre-bid/pre-construction)
- 6+ years’ Construction Safety experience
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
- A degree in safety or related fields
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- First-aid/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
Physical Demands of the job may include:
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period
- Working in extreme weather
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.