Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Reports To: Shipping Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Direct Hire - Full Time
Our company history spans over 6 decades, and we want to grow our talented team to help us expand our capabilities to develop the tools and technologies that enable science to change the world. If you share our passion for developing innovative technology solutions that make a positive global impact, we would love to speak with you! Browse our currently available job positions, and join Team MDC! We look forward to working together!
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Function & Responsibility
Responsible for all aspects of warehouse operations. These duties include receiving, shipping, storage, and selection of customer orders. Assists production in supporting daily operational needs.
- Receive, unload and store incoming materials. Verify information on packing slips with the purchase orders or return shipments from customers.
- Inspect receipts for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely information is forwarded for input into the software system.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, and convey orders to the packing station or shipping department.
- Record information regarding the amounts of materials or items distributed.
- Stage product for shipment.
- Operates forklift, tier lift truck, or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Transfer finished product off production line into the correct storage location.
- Ensure that warehouse facilities are kept clean.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in the packaging storage area.
- Take initiative in identifying areas of improvement within the department and working with management in resolving problems that arise.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Must be able to successfully navigate and research through in-house software applications.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must have great attention to detail and have legible handwriting.
- Must be able to accurately enter data into company systems.
- Must be able to operate safely and effectively material handling equipment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
High school diploma or GED.
0-2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.