As an advanced intern for SOS, you will strive to make the world a kinder place for animals by inspiring young people to raise their voices against injustice. This is your chance to help change the world! The SOS advanced intern will help create content for SOS' social media presence, assist with various projects throughout PETA to help animals, and have an exclusive chance to work behind the scenes on campaigns at the largest animal rights group in the world! In addition to helping with PETA’s work, Advanced Interns also choose an animal-rights related goal to focus on during the duration of the internship—and we’ll help you reach out or give you the tools to do so even after the internship is over.
Term of Employment:
Role to take place during a typical college fall semester, starting at the end of August and ending by the end of November.
Minimum weekly hours: 10, maximum weekly hours: 20.
Hours must be worked during typical business hours Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Eastern Time / 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Central, Mountain or Pacific Time.
Responsibilities of an SOS Advanced Intern:
• Help create content for the SOS Instagram as well as PETA’s TikTok
• Research and report back on youth social justice movements, social media trends, and more
• Assist with putting together SOS trainings and campaigns
• Attend SOS brainstorming and campaign meetings
• Organize large-scale protests in your community to help end speciesism
• Respond to comments on PETA’s social media accounts
• Provide support to various projects from other departments within PETA to help animals
• Work each week on a goal of your choice—leading a campaign, holding a protest, and making systemic change for animals!
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• We're looking for current college students who are looking for a unique, remote internship helping animals.
• Though this role is remote, we want you to hit the streets with protests! Therefore, you must be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccination and booster in order to be considered.
• If you're in on what's popular in youth culture, then this could be the gig for you! In your application, be sure to tell us who you think could be the next great animal advocate.
• We need someone who's in the know when it comes to popular social media. If you're a pro at Instagram or TikTok, let us know!
• You'll need solid writing skills, including excellent grammar and sentence structure, and knowledge of animal rights issues and popular culture.
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail will help you keep everything on track while juggling multiple projects and due dates. We're looking for someone who has great time management skills and isn't easily stressed out. Remember: This is supposed to be fun! Many people say that they "thrive under pressure," but this position has no shortage of deadlines, so you must really be able to crank out high-quality work within short timeframes.
• To succeed, you'll need to be willing to learn new software, and have the ability to work efficiently in a digital environment using Microsoft Office, project management software tools, virtual meeting applications, and more.
• Shh! Can you keep a secret? All the cool, confidential projects that you'll be working on while interning will be under lock and key until they're released, which means no social media updates about them. Got it?
• Naturally, you'd need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be part of this. How else would you know who really makes the best vegan cheese?
• Other than having a passion for animal rights and a "go get 'em" attitude, that's it for desired qualifications. Apply now—we can't wait to meet you!
This position cannot be performed in Colorado.