MARKET PRESIDENT POSITION SUMMARY
The Market President provides leadership and direction for its designated location(s). This position is responsible for maintaining and building upon existing and new relationships to proactively develop new business within the market area along with loan supervision, marketing, retail, managing the markets financials and the daily operations of the bank.
In addition, the Market President shall have the overall responsibility for: directing and overseeing the performance of all staff, along with leading and overseeing employee evaluations within the market; ensuring market staff compliance with all established bank policies & procedures; developing goals and performance objectives for the market.
This position is responsible for implementing corporate objectives in accordance with policies established by the CEO and Board of Directors.
MARKET PRESIDENT PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Communicates and implements bank’s strategic plan and procedures, consistent with established financial policies and Board approval.
- Supports and assists the Regional Manager in planning and expanding for the financial success of the market(s) assigned.
- Identifies and contacts current and prospective customers about new and existing products and services.
- Responsible for soliciting, establishing, and maintaining new agricultural, commercial and business banking relationships within an identified portfolio or market area along with developing a strong pipeline of business prospects for new revenue growth.
- Maintains a high level of customer confidence; assumes a leadership role within the bank and community by participating in projects and activities.
- Actively engaged as part of the market loan staff with duties to include: approves or denies loan applications; adheres to bank policy, procedures and appropriate lending laws and regulations; handles all loan applications within appropriate customer service and regulatory timeframe; works cooperatively with loan clerical staff in acquiring necessary documentation for the loan files; works to maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of incomplete documentation or regulatory violation; monitors loans for continuing quality
- Works with peers and Management to develop and define procedures and policies for loan administration
- Remains current on products and services offered by competitors and vendors. Makes recommendations for new products and services and suggestions for improving existing ones.
- Attends conferences and training as required, needed, or assigned to maintain current knowledge of industry regulations, requirements, and trends.
- Manages operational activities in the designated market(s) and facilities/building maintenance, including staff oversight and ensures adherence to established bank policies.
MARKET PRESIDENT ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent combination education and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Prior experience in the banking, lending, sales or finance environment is preferred
- Strong sales and negotiation skills preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a professional manner when dealing with customers and potential customers
- Ability to interact with internal teams and customers with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Ability to lead a diverse team, monitor employee engagement and foster a positive working environment in the assigned market(s)
- Demonstrate a “lead by example” mentality
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This position is responsible for supervising staff in accordance with the bank’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and taking corrective action with employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – will follow through on what he/she says they will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Delegation - delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on opportunities to suggest new services to customers.
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Frequent bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time and reach with hands and arms.
- Position self to maintain computers including overhead, under desks and in a server room.
- Ascend/descend a ladder to maintain equipment/perform repairs as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as needed.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
Reports To: Regional Manager
Supervises: Various Market Staff
Position Status: Exempt