Lactalis North America is currently seeking candidates to join our Supply Chain team in Buffalo, NY.
Lactalis Group, the world leader in dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together every day. At Lactalis, our core values of AMBITION, ENGAGEMENT, and SIMPLICITY are at the heart of everything we do.
If you’re looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that champions entrepreneurial spirt, hands-on responsibility and real opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
Lactalis North America: inviting you to share with us your STORY, your PASSION, and your EXPERTISE.
From your PASSION to ours
This is a paid internship. The intern reports to the Director of Supply Chain Planning and performs a variety of duties in support of the Supply Chain operations. Will work across multiple functions of the Supply Chain department (Logistics, Production Planning, Forecasting, Milk Procurement and Customer Service), to execute ideas, solutions and recommendations into systems and processes supporting the focus of the department and company. The intern will work 25-40 hours/week for duration of one year at the Corporate Offices.
From your EXPERTISE to ours
Key responsibilities for this position include:
· Will provide support to Supply Chain Financial analyst as needed.
· Precise, timely, and professional communication with personnel in various departments.
· Develop and coordinate cross-functional project plans and critical paths by utilizing various planning tools (Stratum, Prism, Excel, and attend periodic team meetings) in order to ensure timely implementation of Supply Chain initiatives.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business needs
· Develop communication protocol using input from stakeholders, Senior management, and project teams in order to ensure clear understanding of project scope, objectives, performance, and changes.
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and among project teams. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
· Will understand and document process improvements and coordinate implementation throughout LAG.
· This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
From your STORY to ours
Qualified applicants will contribute the following:
· The candidate should be currently enrolled or a recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Agricultural Business Management, Economics, or a related field.
· Candidate needs to have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications in order to integrate activities into various systems.
Skills / Abilities
· Ability to read, to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and/or governmental regulations. Must have ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to calculate figures and analyze data
· Experience working effectively within and without formal lines of authority to accomplish goals.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Project.
· Strong communication and influence attributes, and skills with economic cost/benefit analysis.