As the leading Intelligent Automation platform, BackBox is changing the way organizations manage and monitor their Security and Network infrastructure. Offering a single, centralized solution to manage all security and network devices, the BackBox solution automates all operational activities including orchestration, backup, recovery, asset management, security audits and capacity optimization for over 180 technology vendors ensuring an improved security posture by enhancing operational efficiencies, infrastructure reliability and visibility while reducing overall risk.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our marketing team and partner with a product marketer to create engaging, high-quality materials to educate and inspire our sales team, buyers, customers, and the market.
This is not a product documentation role, but we hope to find someone with technical writing experience or interest, a strong research background, and/or experience with computer networking. We make software for network engineers and architects who, as a buyer persona, can detect the stink of marketing fluff from miles away, so we need someone who really wants to dig into our technology and understand our users and the market.
This is a full-time writing position and will be only the fourth hire in our marketing department, which should give you an idea how we have prioritized writing and how critical we think this role is to our success.
There will be growth opportunities into content marketing or marcomm leadership - or the option to remain a rare, client-side verbal creative - but for the foreseeable future this role is all about becoming an expert on our product, developing our voice, and cranking out world-class content for marketing, sales enablement, and customer success.
If you love to get really close to one complex, technological subject, and write about it a lot, we’d love to meet you!
What will you do?
- Produce well-researched content for prospects, customers, and employees
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Develop an understanding of the product and market sufficient to inspire ideas and content
- Communicate and cooperate with subject matter experts and stakeholders across the organization
- Create and manage an editorial calendar to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as: website and landing page copy, whitepapers, solution briefs, datasheets, customer case studies, sales playbooks, blog posts, social media posts, sales pitch emails and marketing emails, customer announcements, user guides, marketing brochures, product descriptions, video scripts… anything that can be accomplished with the written word
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Generate ideas for new content types and topics
- Manage the stakeholder review and approval process
- Review/edit content produced by 3rd parties like our PR agency or business partners
What will you bring to BackBox?
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision – this will not be the norm, but you should be ready to handle it when it comes up
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with stakeholders, dependencies, and colleagues
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Ability to independently research and understand the company's products, buyer, and market
- Oxford commas
If you thrive working in a small company, growth environment and you are passionate about helping customers and companies solve problems, we look forward to hearing from you! BackBox is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with talented people who are passionate about building a company by which all other companies are measured. We are a company comprised of experienced individuals and proven leadership that is looking to take BackBox to the next level. If you have what it takes, please submit your résumé and cover letter to BackBox. Please note BackBox is currently not accepting third party resumes.
BackBox is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. BackBox is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.