Salary range: 91k-181k per year
A NOTE ABOUT SALARY RANGES: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche technical needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is a smart and passionate engineer, who will work with our engineering team in the development of the world's most technologically advanced inspection and factory control solutions. Nanotronics is making manufacturing fast, accurate and cost-efficient by combining optical and atomic force microscopy with machine learning and artificial intelligence. The solutions we build push the envelope of what can be done, so we need team members, who are highly intelligent, hardworking and creative. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who work well with in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
The QA Automation Engineer is an intelligent and detail-oriented person, who will create and implement a QA strategy and continually look to improve our testing and deployment strategies. This person will be responsible for ensuring that our software doesn’t get to our customers until it meets the highest standard of quality that our management and product teams set. The QA Automation Engineer will play a critical role in improving quality, speeding up development time, and shipping better products more consistently and the role has a lot of potential for growth. The QA Automation Engineer will focus on documentation and process standardization – documenting software and hardware procedures for the entire assembly of customer tools.
This position might be eligible for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program.
Salary Range: $91-181k per year
A Note About Salary Ranges: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined in the U.S. export control laws and regulations to include: U.S. citizen, national, lawful permanent resident or individual admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: The essential functions of all positions at Nanotronics include a physical presence in the workplace, including but not limited to, in-person interactions with other employees, customers, and the community. Therefore, in accordance with Nanotronics’ duty to safeguard the health of our current employees and new hires, their families, our customers and visitors, our business and the community at large from COVID-19, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination and new hires must present proof of vaccination prior to their first day as a condition of employment. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Own the agile testing life cycle via requirement gathering, project test plan and estimations, test script design and development, execution, management of test cases, test program review and assessment
- Design and develop test automation artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools
- Develop and publish testing strategy for individual project solutions
- Develop and publish test plans, test scenarios, test data, manual and automated test scripts
- Perform functional, system, regression and integration testing
- Present test analysis results to Software Development and QA Departments
- Interpret design documentation developed by Software Development
- Lead continual improvement of the Software QA process
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to the Engineering, Creative, and other teams throughout feature development
- Suggest new processes and policies that Engineering and QA can implement to ensure we’re only shipping the best possible product
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong work ethic
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team
- Python experience
- SQLite and/or other database experience
Nice to Have Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with pywinauto
- Understanding of HTTP requests/responses
- DevOps experience (particularly continuous integration with GitLab)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or technical discipline
- 3-7 years’ experience as a QA Engineer/Tester in an agile environment
This position is based in the Brooklyn office. There is no remote work option.
Who is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale, high-throughput, super imaging systems. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
YOU’LL MAKE A GREAT NANOTRON IF
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
WHAT WE OFFER
- Lunch & Learns
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply here.
Visit our press page to learn more.