About the Role
We are looking for Billing Specialists who possesses impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent customer service abilities to oversee the entire billing process for our patients. Ideal candidates will conduct themselves in a professional manner and enjoy working together as a team. We will also consider remote accommodations.
- Balances, batches, and posts incoming payments.
- Enters refund check request in computer and balances check log.
- Prepares payments for bank deposits and get monies to appropriate person to take to the bank.
- Track, Fix, Rebill and appeal denials.
- Responsible for entire revenue cycle management including claims, collections, letters, refunds, certified mail, and final letters.
- Monitors account receivable for each specific account.
- Processes secondary billing to include coordination of benefits.
- Filing, scanning and uploading documents
- Calling patients and insurance companies on unpaid balances
- Review of provider chart notes to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Maintain current CPC or CPC-A certification and proficiency in Behavioral health guidelines/compliance via CEU's.
- May support tasks and may assist other staff members with payment posting and bank reconciliation.
- CPC Certified
- CPC-A also accepted
- Three years minimum experience with Billing/Coding and revenue cycle management
- Experience in Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Preferred experience in behavioral health
- Preferred experience with AthenaHealth EMR