At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Guest Services Associate to ensure a positive guest experience while welcoming and checking-in all visitors to the Museum. It is the role of the Guest Services Associate to support all admissions, retail and Café operations while creating a presentable, welcoming environment through exemplary guest service.
Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week - Sunday, Monday and Wednesday required
Rate: $18.50/hour (additional $1/hour for bilingual proficiency)
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, discount to the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
- Greet and welcome adults and children, engage in conversation, and accurately answer guest questions regarding all aspects of the Museum
- Maintain clean, safe and inviting environments in all Museum spaces
- Actively address guest feedback and work to improve overall guest experience
- Maintain current knowledge of all programming, special events and exhibits
- Follow opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate Museum operations
- Operate and maintain knowledge of Museum’s point-of-sale system
- Support membership sales, including active selling, taking payment and data entry
- Support Gift Shop and Café including cashiering, stocking, cleaning, merchandising and food safety
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Coordinate with and support volunteers throughout the Museum
- Assist in training new employees, as assigned
- Support floor operations and programming initiatives, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to the Museum’s mission, vision and values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion
- Ability to communicate with guests and co-workers in direct, respectful and confident manner
- Ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent guest service
- Clean, neat and professional appearance
- Cash handling, cash register and point-of-sale experience
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment
- High energy and interest in engaging with visitors while moving throughout the Museum
- Fluent English proficiency: writing, reading and speaking skills; bilingual Spanish preferred
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must pass criminal background check and Museum screening process.
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or submission of a weekly negative COVID-19 test results is required. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.