Carry out routine day-to-day quality control testing of Water, Raw Materials, Bulk, Finished Products and Stability samples in the Quality Control Laboratory. Perform routine chemical testing by such means as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV Spectrophotometry, Titrations and other physical and chemical techniques. Review note books and generate test data reports. Write and revise SOPs. Prepare protocols, perform testing for special investigations and write scientific reports.
- Performs routine laboratory testing of raw materials, bulk products, finished products and stability samples.
- Performs routine chemical testing by such means as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV Spectrophotometry, Titrations and other physical and chemical techniques.
- Assists QC staff in determining whether or not Ferndale products meet release and stability specifications.
- Performs instrument calibration.
- Writes scientific reports, prepares protocols, and generates analytical test data reports.
- Implements new chemical testing procedures as needed.
- Trains chemistry staff as needed.
- Writes and revises SOPs as requested by management.
- Performs laboratory cleanup.
Must have one to two years experience in analytical chemistry. Knowledge of equipment, supplies, components, and technical areas that are utilized in the chemical laboratory, i.e. HPLC, UV-VIS, balance, FT-IR, GC, pH meter, viscometer, etc.
Basic computer skills and full range of motor skills.
Requires a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EO Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled