Are you interested in leveraging your expertise in direct response fundraising to help environmental, social justice and cultural arts organizations connect with people who care about progressive causes? Would you like to collaborate with an award-winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals at one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces?
As a Senior Program Manager with Avalon Consulting Group, you’ll help remarkable organizations achieve their financial goals by managing their direct marketing and digital fundraising campaigns from initial concept development and strategy through production to final campaign analytics and performing the following responsibilities:
- Managing program strategy, budgets, costs, creative direction, and overall campaign development.
- Coordinating production process by working hands-on with printers, mail shops, and USPS.
- Serving as day-to-day point of contact for your clients.
- Analyzing response data and write final campaign reports.
- Drafting client reports and presentations.
Avalon was founded over two decades ago to create a place for women to have a seat at the table in a male-dominated direct marketing industry. Today, we remain committed to equity and inclusion, and encourage people from all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, national origins, and more to apply.
We are pleased to offer a remote-first work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office, with occasional travel required for client meetings, industry events/training, or company gatherings.
What we need from you…
You will be a great fit for us if you possess at least five (5) years of direct response fundraising experience. You must be proficient using Microsoft Office programs including Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Prior experience using collaboration tools like Monday.com, Teams, and Zoom are a plus. Additionally, you must have a proven ability to organize and expertly manage multiple projects and deadlines.
In addition, our most successful consultants are able to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional ability to work in teams and collaborate – both remotely and in person -- with clients, partners, and peers.
- Outstanding communication including active listening, persuasion, and remote meeting management.
- Kindness, consideration, and the ability to foster positive, inclusive relationships with your colleagues.
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and keep cool under pressure.
- Comfortable being “behind the scenes” in driving donor support.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting.
- Consideration of strategic objectives alongside details and immediate concerns.
Why you will love Avalon Consulting…
Since 1997, Avalon has been committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the millions of dollars needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We’ve created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re remote-first, hiring the best fundraisers in the business, no matter where they work. We also love getting together for team and client meetings when necessary. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
As one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces, Avalon is proud of our unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, we are pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re excited to pursue, we would love to speak with you! For consideration, please apply using the provided link by submitting your resume and a cover letter.
Avalon is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.