Audit, assign account coding, and process financial relocation benefits provided to transferees as specified by client policies and according to defined business practices. Work closely with Operations and Account Management to ensure clients and customers receive a high level of support and customer service.
Essential Job Functions
- Audit and code transferee expense reports, online expense reports, and expense requests from the operations team for compliance to policy, accuracy, and appropriate documentation.
- Audit and code supplier invoices efficiently, accurately, and timely for compliance to policy, including all appropriate documentation.
- Process transferee expense reports, supplier invoices, and expense requests from the operations team into the relocation software system in compliance with established Expense Management and Accounting department business practices.
- Coordinate with operations team members to document all policy exceptions.
- Escalate invoices and transferee expense reports for review due to inaccuracies, missing information, or payment status.
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships with operations team members to ensure a seamless customer service experience for transferees and clients.
- Establish strong, positive working relationships with suppliers to ensure effective environment for troubleshooting invoice issues, requesting revised invoices, and notifying of short payments.
- Follow all established conventions for data entry such as dates, descriptions, dollar amounts, etc.
- Review and respond to weekly report audits conducted by the Director of Expense Management or others.
- Maintain accurate, relevant, and timely expense management related notes and documents in the relocation software system.
- Generate, audit, and distribute client tax and accounting reports on predefined schedules.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Educational, Experience, and Licensing
- At least two years of experience in professional position that required significant work with spreadsheets, bookkeeping, accounting terminology, and calculation of numbers
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field or 3 years of professional accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience in relocation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop business correspondence and to present accounting information to stakeholders in an appropriate and effective manner
- Work under minimal direction, organized and have the ability to prioritize commitments and projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to follow data entry/department standards
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Act with persistence and tact in resolving issues both internally and externally
- Strong customer relations skills that include the ability to work with discretion and integrity
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Understanding of accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or tax practices for the relocation industry
- Demonstrated ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Demonstrate highest level of professionalism in both appearance and behavior
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong work ethic with off-hours flexibility and able to travel as needed to meetings and training events
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use.