You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Our Seasonal Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety and protection of the company's employees, visitors, and associated property during non-business hours. Security Officers are tasked with patrolling, responding to safety and security threats, and establishing a security presence.
- Work with Director to ensure the protection of the organization’s employees, guests, and properties from preventable harm and threats
- Responsible for patrolling property; monitoring CCTV equipment; inspecting buildings, and access points during non-business hours
- Respond to security-related incidents occurring on park property
- Monitor and respond to emergency alarms systems
- Safeguard company assets, property, equipment, and facilities against illegal and destructive acts
- Write clear and concise incident and other reports
- Disseminate Park and emergency information to the appropriate management team
- Monitor radio frequencies and disseminate information via 2-way radios, voice, and telephone
- Respond to any emergency in the assigned area and maintain control until a management team member arrives
- Ensure that the image, cleanliness, and courtesy standard requirements are met by Guests and Team Members.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Dependable work attendance record
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and management
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.