As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Quality Control Technician who supports the Quality Control /Quality Assurance team by operation of analytical equipment, documentation, monitoring, and verification of procedures to ensure the safe and quality production of product. This position helps to maintain document integrity through review, updates and application. This roll supports monitoring and auditing of departments to ensure operation procedures, standards, and regulatory compliances are being met.
JOB TITLE: Quality Control Technician
Support the Quality Control /Quality Assurance team by documenting, monitoring, and verifying procedures to ensure the safe and quality production of product. Help to maintain document integrity through review, updates and application. Monitoring and auditing departments to ensure operation procedures, standards, and regulatory compliances are being met.
Schedule for this position is Monday-Thursday 4p-2:30a.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily monitoring and verification of procedures, logs, and records.
- Review, monitoring, and updating HACCP, SSOP, SOP, and GMP procedures.
- Lead and make decisions about quality control procedures related to Food Safety
- Assisting in the producing and maintaining of controls and documentation procedures.
- Helping QA/QC department establish company's quality control procedures, standards and specifications.
- Cover the procedures done by QA lead, QC Manager, and QA technician when they are absent
- Develop and review quality and safety policies.
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet regulatory standards.
- Gathering required information from supplier and vendors in accordance to Food Safety Program.
- Auditing suppliers and vendors both physically and in documentation.
- Maintaining food safety, quality and employee health through training and internal audits.
- Promote and train GMP procedures with all staff and departments.
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met;
- Review customer complaints, gather information, be part of action to respond, and guide responses.
- Assisting and substituting for QA lab personnel
- Champion the company culture and values
- Embrace, practice and support Humm policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain constructive working relationships with employees and other department heads
- Being part of the Win
- Minimum of a 2 year associate's degree in the field of Food Science, Food Safety, Food manufacturing, or at least 2yrs experience in a food production facility.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety, HACCP, SSOP, GMPs. Certifications in this area will be a plus.
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting and operate under lab procedures.
- Can communicate procedures to fellow employees and is confident with training others.
- Have computer knowledge and understanding of Document, spreadsheet, and regulatory programs
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Critical thinker
- Positive Attitude.
- Experience in project management.
- Proven skills working independently
- Self driven and motivated..
- Full time
- Days, Nights, weekends, holidays
- Shift coverage that could be day, night or swing
- Lab environment
- Noisy and active Production floor