The Account Manager is responsible for representing the brand professionally and communicating the value of our product line to prospective and existing customers alike. This is an account manager role, and not a new business development position. No prospecting is required, however exceptional communication and people skills are crucial to be successful in this role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are essential functions a qualified applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation
- Achieve sales growth for assigned accounts and be accountable to sales targets.
- Daily review of accounts, active orders, quotes, and outstanding proof approvals.
- Proactive prospect and customer engagement; follow-up with all opportunities and leads.
- Provide active account management while delivering excellent customer service.
- Set individual sales goals and actively support and work toward stated sales team revenue goals.
- Capture of accurate and complete customer order information in the Order Management System.
- Actively participate and contribute to sales team and company process improvements to increase efficiency and optimize individual and team productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education required is a High School diploma or equivalent. A college degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ applicable sales and/or account management experience, preferably in an inside sales role.
- A strong history of demonstrating exceptional customer service and account management skills while driving new sales.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and email skills with the ability to educate, inform and lead customers through the order process.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and focus on details of customer accounts and orders.
- Strong desire to succeed individually, while contributing to the success of the team and company.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
Environment is typically general office, though the incumbent may spend short periods in the manufacturing environments with exposure including but not limited to dust, dirt, high noise levels and variations in temperature. Incumbent constantly required to hear, speak, articulate and use manual dexterity.
Incumbent regularly required to use color vision, grasp, reach and sit for prolonged periods of time.
Brook & Whittle Ltd. is one of North America’s leading Sustainable Labeling Solutions providers, producing pressure sensitive, flexographic and shrink sleeve labels for many of the nation’s leading brands. The company serves multiple consumer markets, including Personal Care, Beverage, Food, Nutraceuticals, Wine & Spirits, and Household Chemicals.
The company’s rapid growth can be attributed to its world-class staff of employees and its commitment to sustainability, print innovation, and the latest technological advancements. Wouldn’t it be cool to go into a store, pick up a product and say “we make that label”!
Our culture is first and foremost one of collaboration and teamwork. We hold ourselves to high professional, ethical, and fairness standards. We have zero tolerance for anything less. We celebrate our diverse workforce and reward good performance through our recognition program, advancement opportunities, and our compensation structure. We welcome you to consider being a part of this great team.
We’re passionate about leaving the planet better than we found it. But we can’t do it alone. We need trailblazers, independent and outside-the-box thinkers. People who are eager to learn, eager to succeed and have a passion for working as a team to solve technical and creative challenges.
At Brook + Whittle, we have the opportunity to do impactful work each and every day.
Brook & Whittle LTD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brook & Whittle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brook & Whittle expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brook & Whittle LTD’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States without restriction.