Vermont Cider Company (VCC) has an opening for a Field Sales Representative (FSR) in Boston. The successful candidate will be responsible for volume and distribution goals, distributor and retail execution, and leadership. In addition, this position will manage the development of the VCC portfolio for on and off premise key accounts via consumer engagement activities and implementation of sales and marketing execution standards. The FSR is responsible for achieving the company’s sales efforts in the market by:
Areas of Responsibility
Drives the sales execution and merchandising standards including:
- Quality distribution
- Pricing realization
- Shelf placement and management
- Display execution
- POS merchandising
- Supports chain execution and secondary chain call points where applicable, while closely working with distributor personnel in training and execution of the VCC sales and merchandising standards.
- Provides the drive towards volume, distribution and visibility ensuring sustainable profitable growth.
Assist ASM in leading distributor and retail management through:
- Visibility- POS Placement/Package/Tap Handles/Shelf Management
- Retail Price Management
- Staff Education
- Ensure Retail & Merchandising Standards
- Local & Special Event Activation (Retail)
On and Off - Premise Sales and Program Execution:
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships at all levels to maximize VCC opportunities for expanded sales execution throughout Key 100 Accounts
- Drives full portfolio distribution across Key Accounts
- Drives merchandising and POS execution standards for the VCC portfolio
- Drives activity and volume output via price special and features negotiation
- Supports the Area Sales Manager and Distributor in distribution and executional sell-in crew drives
- Assists on key holiday display execution against major initiative and volume opportunities
Consumer Engagement Support:
- Leads National and Local Program Implementation across Top 100 Accounts
- Drives consumer sampling activities within Key 100 accounts across VCC portfolio as relevant to the Market
- Leads meaningful and impactful consumer interaction that drives local market buzz
- Oversees all retail activation around community consumer building activities to support the VCC brand platforms
- Collaborates with the divisional Field Marketing Manager/Representative on local sponsorship and special event execution
- Supports and amplifies local programming via social media activation in support of key brand activities in the on and off premise
Administrative and Recapping Support:
- Leads weekly activity and program recaps
- Accountable for the Key Account Monthly Sales Reporting
- Guides local special event and sponsorship process via submissions into Region Sales Director and Brand Manager
- Manages local sampling, promotional and T+E budget with accountability into Region Sales Director
Complying with all VCC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the beverage industry with understanding of 3 tier system (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills mandatory
- Someone who can juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
- Looking for a Team Player and someone who enjoys collaborating with others
- Must be innovative and have a creative way of thinking, driven to overcome challenges and succeed
- You must not be satisfied with just meeting expectations but must strive to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors.
- Strong Local connections to market is preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends for events.
- Ability to travel as required (average 25-30%).
Vermont Cider Company is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & accidental insurance, 401k with employer match, paid time off, annual bonus plan and more!
About Vermont Cider Company
We reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991 and continue to lead the category through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. Vermont Cider Co. crafts a variety of ciders for a variety of consumers. Our portfolio is as diverse as our fans. There’s iconic Woodchuck, fruit-forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Most recently, in Summer 2021, Vermont Cider Co. introduced Day Chaser, a vodka based RTD canned cocktail. www.vtciderco.com.