The Nanotronics Software Developer, AIPC is a smart, creative and passionate member of the AIPC Software team, who actively contributes to the development of the world's ultimate integrated manufacturing platform. This position will be responsible for coding, designing, deploying, and debugging development projects.
Salary Range: $140-194k per year
A Note About Salary Ranges: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience or compensating degree (Bachelor’s)
- Background in Python, SQL and programming optimization in a professional or educational setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and PostgreSQL
- Demonstrated handling of large, time-series data sets
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required
- Deep understanding of multi-process architectures and the threading limitations of Python
- Flexibility in skill-learning and a motivation to acquire new experience in programming paradigms
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork ability
- Good problem-solving and organization skills
- Write effective, scalable code using Python
- Test and debug applications
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements using server-side logic
- Integrate research artifacts into client-usable software and hardware
- Understand end-user requirements
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Coordinate with front-end developers
- Understand performance of and improve existing databases
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
More About The Team
Our software team is making manufacturing fast, accurate and cost-efficient by combining optical and atomic force microscopy with machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our products' usage is industry-agnostic, with aerospace, electronics, and healthcare applications. Any industry that can benefit from increased yield, reduced waste, lower costs, and faster design iteration is an industry that can benefit from using Nanotronics' technology. The solutions we build push the envelope of what can be done, so we need engineers who are highly intelligent, hardworking, and creative. Flexibility and an ability to grasp high order concepts in physics, control theory, hardware design, automation, and robotics can be helpful for understanding and resolving specific issues. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who work well with in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
Nanotronics’™ nControl™ fueled by AIPC™ solution brings AI Technology to factories, both increasing productivity and better securing processes. Our technology learns processes, then can suggest, and implement adjustments in real time to monitor and improve both efficiency and security.
What We Offer:
- Catered lunches every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including free dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance for you
- 401(k) match
- Bright Horizons child/elder care benefits
- Employer HSA contribution
- Possible eligibility for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Please apply here. After submitting your application, our review process will begin with a review of your resume. If you meet or exceed the education, experience and required skills above, or demonstrate an equivalent to these things, you might be sent an assessment before being invited to participate in a phone interview. A successful assessment and/or phone interview will result in interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision about hiring will be made.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale factory control solutions. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The essential functions of all positions at Nanotronics include a physical presence in the workplace, including but not limited to, in-person interactions with other employees, customers, and the community. Therefore, in accordance with Nanotronics’ duty to safeguard the health of our current employees and new hires, their families, our customers and visitors, our business and the community at large from COVID-19, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination and new hires must present proof of vaccination prior to their first day as a condition of employment. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Why We Work In The Office
Our culture is built on innovation, quality and collaboration. We believe that working together and among other departments in person supports a sense of community, connection and belonging. So much of our communication as individuals is nonverbal—easier to discern and appreciate when we’re physically together. This synchrony not only gives us the power to innovate, but it helps us foster empathy, learning, and engagement. We want you to be a part of impromptu ideas dreamed and decisions made as people cross paths; to be in the right place at the right time to contribute your perspective; to look around and take pride in the diverse group of people with whom you work; to be seen by others when you’re recognized for a job well-done; and to look around, see things and help us build the best products and workplace we can. Our fast-paced environment pivots quickly, and we don’t want you to miss a thing.
You’ll Make a Great Nanotron If
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
Visit our press page to learn more.
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Nanotronics makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.