Audio Visual Management Solutions (AVMS) is a nationally-trusted multimedia authority creating unforgettable meetings, presentations and special events. From intimate gatherings to galas and multi-venue conferences, we go the extra mile to provide the extraordinary.
We are currently seeking a full-time Audio Visual Project Manager to support our luxury resort in Carlsbad!
The Project Manager will work with clients to provide full service show design and implementation from start to finish. You will determine the expectations of client and prepare technical project specifications to include design, cost, equipment and labor needs to successfully fulfill event.
As a Project Manager, your day will consist of the following:
• Work with client, AV sales manager and hotel/venue manager to determine scope and goals of event
• Directs medium and large show audio visual set up according to customer specifications and predetermined professional guidelines.
• Directly responsible for design, set up and execution of event
• Determine physical layout and technical capabilities of meeting locations to determine service and equipment needs
• Responsible for directing and communicating the technical specifications of a show/event to client, location management and internal AV staff
• Manage communication efforts with show venue staff
• Assess equipment needs, service requirements and cost parameters of show sites and events
• Act as technical liaison to clients, manage and nurture relationship
• Learn area pricing structure to meet client’s needs in additions and show upgrades
• Lead and manage other AV employees technically and direct freelancers and other outside AV staff on show guidelines
• Develop, train and mentor AV staff
• Arrange and manage transfers, re-rents and coordinate equipment needs
• Ensure sufficient labor needs for show are met and manage proper scheduling
• Constantly monitor costs on shows to ensure profit goals are reached
• Advanced technical competency in one or more of the following fields: audio, video, lighting, projection, rigging, computer/internet functionality
• Demonstrate job site leadership, mentor less experienced technical staff
• Excellent organization skills and the desire to work for a professional company
• Commitment to work under pressure within specified deadlines
• Must be able to manage multiple projects
• Ability to manage crews as well as communicate with hotel and professional location partners
• Excellent communication skills to ensure clear, specific and organized technical execution of show/event
• High degree of demonstrated customer service and hospitality skills. This includes a heightened sense of customer focus at all times to include the AV team as well as internal and external clients
• Ability to adapt and function successfully in a high-volume, sometimes stressful team environment
• High degree of ownership and self-initiation skills as well as a positive professional demeanor
• Set an example for professional grooming and presentation standards as required by hotel partner/specific worksite
At the heart of AVMS is its people. We hire and reward the most talented and nimble people in the industry. Check us out at www.avms.com.
AVMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.