Elko Community Health Center is a brand new, state-of-the-art ASC in Elko, Nevada, with adjoining physician’s offices and medical imaging. With 17 beds, Elko CHC provides a range of specialty care, including general surgery, cardiology, orthopedics, podiatry, ENT and spinal surgery in a gorgeous frontier setting, and we are excited to hire a stellar team to deliver our patients the best quality of care.
Elko CHC is a subsidiary of Community Health Development Partners, a development company increasing access to health, wellness, and medical services to rural and underserved communities across the United States. CHDP and Elko CHC are equally opportunity employers that celebrate diversity and are committed to creating inclusive environments for our employees.
As a billing specialist, you will perform billing for all Ambulatory Surgical Center accounts including some professional fees. The billing specialist will submit claims and statements to third-party payers and guarantors. You will maintain correspondence regarding billing questions and fields calls from patients regarding statements.
What we offer:
· A welcoming, inclusive culture, patient-centered core values we live every day
· Competitive compensation
· Recruitment / relocation bonuses
· Paid holidays
· Paid vacation and sick leave
· A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, a Health Savings Account option, a 401K match and contribution plan
· Employer paid - Basic Life insurance coverage
· Employer paid – Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage
· Employee Assistance Program
· A generous budget and paid time off for continuing education and professional development opportunities
· and so much more!
What you bring:
· At least 5 years’ experience in medical billing.
· Your knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
· Experience with third-party-payer billing.
· Able to constantly move about inside the facility to access file cabinets, office, machinery, medical equipment, and patients.
· Your effective and professional communication skills with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
· Training/courses in business office activities
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily responsibilities.
· A high degree of professionalism, including attention to detail, organization, timeliness, and ability to follow instructions to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
· Verifies patient insurance and address information, bills appropriately and verifies with insurance contact.
· Enters all codes, charges, and supplies from coder into software.
· Understands and abides by billing compliance regulations.
· Submits claim to patient’s secondary insurance (including primary carrier’s EOB) after receiving correct payment from primary carrier.
· Makes any necessary changes to rejected claims and resubmits, ensuring that claims have been forwarded to appropriate third-party payer.
· Interfaces with clearinghouse, both sending and receiving claims.
· Determines need for any supporting documentation required by the insurance company/case and copies/scans documents for inclusion with claim.
· Maintains billing, balances, and charges on a daily basis.
· Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of billing directly related to accounts receivable.
· Performs office/clerical duties as needed.
· All applicants must be physically able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
· ASC billing experience
· Previous healthcare experience
· Experience with multi-line phone system