Elko Community Health Center is a brand new, state-of-the-art ASC in Elko, Nevada, with adjoining physician’s offices and medical imaging. With 17 beds, Elko CHC provides a range of specialty care, including general surgery, cardiology, orthopedics, podiatry, ENT and spinal surgery in a gorgeous frontier setting, and we are excited to hire a stellar team to deliver our patients the best quality of care.
Elko CHC is a subsidiary of Community Health Development Partners, a development company increasing access to health, wellness, and medical services to rural and underserved communities across the United States. CHDP and Elko CHC are equally opportunity employers that celebrate diversity and are committed to creating inclusive environments for our employees.
The Medical Records Analyst/Technician is responsible for managing, organizing and analyzing healthcare records data. The appropriate candidate will play an essential role in the success of the business by performing various administrative duties and effectively delivering positive patient interactions.
What we offer:
· A welcoming, inclusive culture, patient-centered core values we live every day
· Competitive compensation
· Recruitment / relocation bonuses
· Paid holidays
· Paid vacation and sick leave
· A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, a Health Savings Account option, a 401K match and contribution plan
· Employer paid - Basic Life insurance coverage
· Employer paid – Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage
· Employee Assistance Program
· A generous budget and paid time off for continuing education and professional development opportunities
· and so much more!
· Responsible for the collection, processing, filing, maintenance, storage, retrieval and distribution of medical records according to facility policies and procedures
· Responsible for collection and filing/scanning in medical record of all laboratory, pathology, EKG, x-ray reports received prior/postdate of surgery
· Responsible for collection, response and final filing/scanning in medical record of all appropriate correspondence
· Arranges all chart forms, correspondence, reports (e.g., operative, lab, EKG, x-ray, pathology, etc.) in appropriate order per facility policy/procedure
· Responsible for marking and obtaining all necessary signatures (physical or digital) to complete chart, including contacting physician’s offices regarding necessary signatures and/or reports
· Obtains all missing chart contents needed to complete medical record
· Maintains a filing system that meets facility requirements for medical records
· Maintains necessary index-references for facility needs and following established procedures
· Develops and maintains an organized storage system for timely retrieval of individual medical records
· Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, security and physical safety of facility medical records
· Arranges for appropriate disposal of medical records per facility policies/procedures
· Adheres to medical-legal requirements when answering correspondence and inquiries
· Maintains and controls the release of information to authorized persons only
· Performs reception and registration duties as necessary, including greeting patients, printing, and providing necessary paperwork.
· Performs office/clerical duties as needed.
· All applicants must be physically able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
What you bring:
· High school graduate or GED certification
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a medical records technician or a similar role
· Your familiarity with medical terminology, your knowledge of HIPAA and patient privacy rules, as well as medical records regulations
· ASC experienced preferred
· Strong typing and computer skills
· Your effective and professional communication skills with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
· A high degree of professionalism, including attention to detail, organization, timeliness, and ability to follow instructions to complete tasks with minimal supervision.