Elko Community Health Center is a brand new, state-of-the-art ASC in Elko, Nevada, with adjoining physician’s offices and medical imaging. With 17 beds, Elko CHC provides a range of specialty care, including general surgery, cardiology, orthopedics, podiatry, ENT and spinal surgery in a gorgeous frontier setting, and we are excited to hire a stellar team to deliver our patients the best quality of care.
Elko CHC is a subsidiary of Community Health Development Partners, a development company increasing access to health, wellness, and medical services to rural and underserved communities across the United States. CHDP and Elko CHC are equally opportunity employers that celebrate diversity and are committed to creating inclusive environments for our employees.
The Insurance Verification/Authorization specialist will be responsible for verifying and documenting all patients’ third-party payer coverage/noncoverage for all ASC accounts. You will play an essential role in the success of the business by performing various administrative duties and effectively delivering positive patient interactions.
What we offer:
· A welcoming, inclusive culture, patient-centered core values we live every day
· Competitive compensation
· Recruitment / relocation bonuses
· Paid holidays
· Paid vacation and sick leave
· A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, a Health Savings Account option, a 401K match and contribution plan
· Employer paid - Basic Life insurance coverage
· Employer paid – Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage
· Employee Assistance Program
· A generous budget and paid time off for continuing education and professional development opportunities
· and so much more!
· Verifies all commercial insurance coverage, workers’ compensation insurance, accident insurance, and state programs and determines patient’s responsibility, if applicable.
· Determines patient qualification for coverage by third-party payer and informs financial counselor, patient, or family member of status.
· Maintains current list of facility insurance contracts and payment schedules.
· Maintains current information on correct and lawful practices for billing government and private payers for ambulatory surgery care.
· Documents prequalification for third-party payer before date of scheduled admission.
· Follows all federal, state, and regulatory guidelines to maintain compliance.
· Enters all insurance information into computer.
· Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
· Performs reception duties as necessary, including greeting patients, printing, and providing necessary paperwork.
· Performs office/clerical duties as needed.
· All applicants must be physically able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience working at an ASC
· Previous healthcare experience
· Experience with multi-line phone system
What you bring:
· A high school diploma or equivalent.
· Experience with insurance verification.
· Strong typing and computer skills.
· Ability to constantly move about inside the facility to access file cabinets, office, machinery, medical equipment, and patients.
· Your effective and professional communication skills with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
· Your ability to multi-task and prioritize daily responsibilities.
· A high degree of professionalism, including attention to detail, organization, timeliness, and ability to follow instructions to complete tasks with minimal supervision.