Ascent Classical Academy of Douglas County is seeking coaching staff for the 22-23 school year to support the athletic director in implementing programming in the sports of soccer and basketball.
Coaches work closely with the athletic director, requiring a highly organized, disciplined, and motivated individual to help support the school's athletic programming and goals. This position is responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Plan and lead all practices and games/competitions
- Complete all required training and certifications
- Foster character growth among the athletes by modeling and rewarding virtuous character
- Promote academic growth among athletes
- Foster school and team spirit
- Foster competitive growth among athletes
- Contribute to the moral and intellectual environment of the school
- Understand and adhere to the principles of classical education as it relates to the improvement of a student's mind, soul, and body
- Support the development of the intellect and personal character of each student
- Communicate verbally and in writing clearly, precisely and grammatically
- Speak of and model character in terms of the School’s core virtues
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies is a growing K-12 classical school network based in Colorado. Our schools offer an American Classical Education based on the Core Knowledge framework and scope and sequence developed by the Barney Charter School Initiative of Hillsdale College. Ascent Classical schools currently serve approximately 1,500 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond. Our schools offer a well-rounded liberal arts and classical education grounded in virtue and supporting the ideas and philosophy behind the American Founding.
Desired Start Date: Immediately
Compensation Range and Particulars: Coaches earn a $300-$800 per season in a flat fee stipend, heavily dependent on workload, length and intensity of season.
Schedule and Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Seasonal
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Retirement investment account
Qualified candidates will demonstrate high moral character and embrace the virtues of a democratic society. They will also foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and mentor students in the pursuit of their own flourishing. These positions also require:
- High school diploma (Associates degree or higher is preferred)
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Dedication to enhance the school’s culture of excellence and seek the good of the entire team
- Desire to deliver prompt, courteous, and superior customer service of the school’s faculty, staff, administration, students and families
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school policies
- Punctuality and attendance
- Initiative and effort
- Professionalism in appearance and speech
- Cheerful attendance to other duties as assigned by the teacher or administration
Student Services paraprofessionals are preferred who have passed a formal assessment measuring the knowledge of and ability to assist classroom teachers in reading, writing and mathematics, or be willing to pass such an assessment within 3 months of employment. See CDE Guidance for Paraprofessionals.
In addition, any paraprofessional or teaching assistant/substitute who teaches reading to students in K-3 is required to comply with the Colorado READ Act. Free training from the Colorado Department of Education is available. See CDE Guidance for READ Act compliance.