Quantic Wenzel is on a mission to define and deliver the future of mission-critical electronics. We’re looking for a talented and motivated Sales Engineer with Aerospace and Defense market experience who will help us solve our customers unique RF/MW challenges and drive revenue growth. For nearly 45 years our culture of success and employee empowerment has enabled talented Sales Engineers to create cutting edge solutions for our Aerospace and Defense customers. We are widely known as an organization that Chief Engineers and Program Managers come to when they need to solve their unique RF/MW challenges.
In this role you will work within our Business Development group located in Austin, Texas to help position our ultra-low phase noise crystal oscillators, advanced frequency sources and integrated microwave assemblies for RADAR, Electronic Warfare, Space and Research applications.
· Study and learn Quantic Wenzel’s product line and technology in depth.
· Engage customers and offer solutions that drive the state of the art in RF and frequency sources using Wenzel’s proprietary technology.
· Provide a detailed review of customer and military specifications noting performance requirements, electrical, mechanical and environmental, as well as program specific details (reviews, FAI, testing, etc.).
· Prepare cost and pricing studies using historical data as well as input from engineers, purchasing and program managers.
· Provide quotes and provide detailed quoting packages when required, including technical descriptions, pricing justifications and program outlines with reviews, analyses, and pricing details.
· Manage customer inquiries in Salesforce with program, follow-up, forecasts, and details for a successful sale.
· Visit customer sites to understand requirements (technical and program) and connect with engineers and purchasers to ensure opportunities on current and future programs for Quantic Wenzel.
· Attend trade shows and demonstrations.
· Follow the status of current jobs and assist program management to provide customers status information.
· Engage target customers through email, phone, referrals & levering prior success
· Develop new business opportunities
· Create credibility to gain access to RFQ's
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
• U.S. Citizenship
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or Mathematics or equivalent technical experience.
• Familiarity with military contracts is helpful.
• 5 years of design and/or sales experience with a focus in RF and Microwave.
• Experience in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• Willingness to complete a pre-employment drug screen.
• Selected candidates are subject to and must comply with all applicable US export control and security regulations.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and to pay close attention to details.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment.
• Work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
• Think logically to resolve customer’s issues that may arise.
• Maintains high ethical standards
SALARY & BENEFITS
· Medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as HSA match, basic and supplemental life insurance, and disability.
· 401(k) with competitive percentage match.
· Competitive PTO hours for first year employees.
Flexible work schedules.